Monday, February 28, 2011

Final update

Friday, we passed out pencils at another school the first thing in the morning....the kids were so thankful for such a small item, but I guess that's more than they had before. We then went to the hospital to do a short p.t. session.....till about noon...then took the afternoon off to go down to Cayes to the beach....the water was absolutely beautiful and weather so pleasant....you'd think you were in a tropical paradise....but then kids did show up trying to sell anything....for a buck....coconuts, shells....you name it even if it was to ask for a "DOLLA".....we then finished the day with a lunch of lobster at the beach. We were getting ready to leave the beach when a little boy came hobbling up to us....I told Sheila that I thought he had a problem...we decided it was for show......a second look was a different sight.....(that's the back of the boy in picture sent last night) pulled up his shirt to reveal that sore he had...Sheila immediately talked to the "uncles" and took care of transportation to the hospital.....just hope he does indeed get there and all goes well....just one more reason I think we need to support that hoispital....those people need that so much. We don't understand or seem to take it for granted, that in the USA, we got a problem, we just go to the hospital and all is well! All the world is not that fortunate!!!!!!!!! We closed out the evening getting ready to leave on an early flight from Cayes....well that was interrupted by Dr. Rudy asking Dr. Dave to assist him with an emergency surgery.......a call back to the states changed the surgery to treating anoither way....antibiotics and then surgery at a later date. 4:00 a.m. came and we were on the way to Cayes to the airport for a quick flight to PAP. Well, Haitian time is different than our time....plane left about 10:00 a.m. We arrived at PAP.,..told that our plane was being held, grabbed our bags and got a wild and short ride to meet American Airlines flight, pushed our way to security and check in...only to find out our gate had closed.......Ok, I can live with this......then through security, 2 more times, last time through the scanner, my laptop was eaten by the scanner..........Donald lost it!!!!! After several loudspeaker announcements....well it finally was produced out of the clear blue..ok, we were now placed on standby. In visiting with the Grant's Pass people, they noticed that the original plane was delayed for an hour....well that didn't set well with the "big boy, me, but anyway just suck it up! Well, then Linda, Rita, and Ada got tickets, but not "Don".......oh my, another reoccurance of irratation....Ada wondering maybe why she married me, and the other two sure glad they didn't!!!!!! Anyway, I did finally get my ticket, got boarded the plane and was off to Miami....WHEW!!!! You know, a man from Ft. Wayne, Indiana was talking to me about the way things had gone.......wondered if Satan was buffeting me........we had a great conservation........Yup......I think I took the Lord's name in vain......think and act like I'm a Christian......and then LOSE my composure, even what little I have.....Oh boy!!!! Anyway, the rest of the trip went well! we had a great team and really worked well together. As a team leader, I want to thank each and everyone who had a part in the three weeks that I was in Haiti.....especially Sheila;  we need to pray for that dear sister for the work she is doing....and the rest of the people working in all missions around the world. I think we need to name that cedar tree behind the guesthouse "Sheila" You see it stands "straight and tall".......never bends under pressure....maybe sways a little.....but never bends....THANKS SHEILA!! You are a true blessing........Hope you all enjoyed  the stuff I've put on here......Later, Don

No comments:

Post a Comment