Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday recap......

Hello from Haiti......Can you believe it........Don Plattner got this thing up without any help!!!!! Amazing you can teach an old dog new tricks. Seems so unbelievable that another week has passed again in this BEAUTIFUL place called Haiti. After I left the hospital last night to go home after the downpour, the smell was indescribable.............fresh and so beautiful.......right now I'm setting across from a little boy about Landon's(my grandson) age that has a head wound...........poor little boy.....just blew groceries. So sad, but makes the reason to come here all the more rewarding. These people need help and I thank ACWR for their support  of the hospital and allowing me to be a part of this work! Ada and I spent the day rearranging Dr. Rudy's supply room . So much stuff to go through and rearrange and discard some. Mice and other critters ran every which way.............. The rest of the team should be in Miami for the evening and Sheila is to get them in the morning at PAP. Brings the memory back when Ada came in.......I promised her that I would be in the baggage area for her.........and the guard said NO.........then he called me to the area when she came in and told me come with him to a certain area of the baggage area..............putting his hand out and told to put some money in his hand and then i was free to go anywhere.........money does wonders! The showers are still cold and the roosters still wake us up in the morning....at least Ralph does....Last year we also had a rooster that held onto the do for four full counts.....don't seem to hear him this year.....guess it wasn't a good year for him! Hope all is well at home and wish you all God's richest blessings.......Don

4 comments:

  1. Hi this is Kenzie.The teeter totter looks fun.
    Say hi to grandma will you. Tell her I miss her.
    I miss you too.Hows your little helper.I like the
    pictures.Ohno got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don,
    Enjoying your journal as you help those in need in Haiti-May God bless you and keep you & Ada in his loving Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dad and Mother, glad to hear you are enjoying the trip. Dad, I wasnt convinced that it was really you writing until I read the part about blowing groceries. That did it for me, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never had heard of "blowin' groceries", but I knew it was Don. Please keep on writing; your posts are a highlight of our day. Stay well!
    Cory

    ReplyDelete