Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday recap

Hello from Haiti once again! Just an absolutely beautiful day!!!!!!!Woke up this morning to the usual....roosters crowing. We were off to church at about 8:15 am and enjoyed just a beautiful service.....what we were able to get from Dr. Rudy, who interpeted. Sermon was from II Samuel 3......about serving the Lord. I know the Apostolic Christian Church's worship service is very traditional.........and the Haitian people worship in such a different way, yet God is being praised in so many different ways! Guess that's why God sees the heart of each and every one of us and knows who is sincere and who isn't.....then the paster asked for the people to stand who were celebrating birthdays in February. Of course, that allowed Ada to be recognized by getting a pin pinned on her blouse. All the church could see what I've known for 37 years....what a catch I've got for a wife!!!!!!!! Ada and the rest of the crew are making rounds.....seems so much needs to be done......but such a capable group.......God definately knows what qualities to put on each group. The little boy who was so sick the other night (the one who was blowing groceries).....well, he has really improved and is very alert after surgery. Right now, as I'm writing this email, they are about to take a young man to surgery for a gunshot wound to the abdomen.....What I can gather is he is bleeding out and doesn't sound good........some family member is so distressed and is laying her heart out to God for intervention........just wish I could communicate!!!!! On a little brighter side, yesterday, Ada helped create the blog......She didn't mention that we went up to Jimmy's(we are sponsoring him at an English school) house to visit and to meet his family.....well, He insisted for me to come closer to see his bee hives....... immediately my mind my tells me that those bees are closer in color to Jimmy than they are to me........Like here's a "BIG PAPA" and let's put a few knots on him.........but I escaped without any discomfort. Anyway, such hospitality that these people put  forth.........and for us Americans, I can only say......we ought to be ashamed of the way we LIVE.......2 rooms, no cupboards, no other conveniences that we take for granted............because we think we deserve it, I guess...........how are we going to justify our lives on the great judgement day......I guess that is why I think it is so very important to come to places like this.......to get my head screwed back on straight  Until next time......Don and Ada                                                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment